Sunday, July 19, 2009

The greatness of Parental Love

I was down with cough for almost a week now. Hereby have to extend my apologies to Daddy and Mommy, cause I think I caused them alot of sleepness nights. An extract from Daddy's blog:

We took him to see Dr. Anthony again on Thursday. He said he expected the cough to be worse but the medication seems to have control it well. But given Xavier has developed Bronchitis already, he tapped his table with his fingers for a moment (as if in deep thoughts) before saying he is gonna change the method now. Xavier will be on Nebuliser every 6 hours and had to go to Mt Alvernia for Chest Physiotherapy. This would be the most effective way to clear his phlegm.

Receiving all these instructions at 10pm at night was daunting for first-time parents. Add that to Xavier crying till he totally lost his voice (his worst crying I heard so far) when the nurse demonstrated how to use the Nebuliser, I couldn't help feeling lousy again (since Xavier likely to have got the cough from me). Lilian and I were at a lost for a moment as either of us had to take leave to bring him to Mt Alvernia on Friday to do the chest physio and Xavier would not be able to go to his Infant Care Centre up to Tuesday when we go back to Dr. Anthony for a review. After weighting our options, we manage to work out a plan and I thank my colleagues for their understanding (with the urgent leave matter).

The chest physio was very effective, though not the most pleasant for Xavier. The therapist taught us how to "percussion" (clapping Xavier's chest to "loosen" the phlegm in the lungs and the airway) especially after Nebuliser session. She then proceed to suck out the phlegm in the nose and throat area. This is by far the most effective way to remove the phlegm for babies. The coughing reflex from the baby to "bring" the phlegm up from the airway to the throat area so that it could be sucked out. This is where my heart aches again seeing Xavier coughed till his whole face turn purple. But seeing the phlegm being sucked out of the tube, I knew he would feel better after that.


When I grow up and read all these, I will know how much my Daddy and Mommy has done for me. Thanks for showering me with your endless care and concern, Daddy and Mommy. Thanks Ahma also for constantly coming to visit me and helping out when Daddy and Mommy are busy with work, and also Ahgong for trying to cheer me up during my sickness days~

No comments:

Post a Comment